Belly fat appears even if the person is thin, and very often it is difficult to get rid of it. Moreover, it is immediately visible and brings a lot of mental suffering. It also affects health generally. Fat in the abdomen can lead to the second type of diabetes, heart problems and cancer, so getting rid of it is very important.
Yoga is an extremely effective way to cope with this problem, it will confirm any who has been at least a little engaged in. Of course, you can’t solve this problem only with exercises: yoga classes will help to reduce the stomach visually, but 70% of success depends on a proper diet.
Let us explain what exercises you can try and how to do them.
This pose helps not only to reduce the fat level in the body but also strengthens the muscles of the abdominal cavity. Exercise generally strengthens the upper torso, and the back becomes stronger and more flexible.
How to do it:
- Lie on your stomach, stretch your legs and lean on your palms (they should be located directly under the shoulders);
- The chin and toes should touch the floor;
- Breathe slowly and raise the body on your hands. Bend your back as far as you can;
- Depending on how you feel, hold this position for 15-30 seconds;
- Breathe slowly, return to starting position;
- Repeat the exercise five times with short breaks of 15 seconds.
The pose strengthens the central part of the abdomen. To achieve good results, during the exercise, try to swing back and forth slowly. This improves digestion and trains the flexibility of the whole body.
- Lie on your stomach, bend your knees, raise your feet, put your hands behind your back and grab the ankles from the outside.
- Breathe, exhale as much as possible, raise chest from the floor. The head should be taken as far back as possible.
- Try to hold this pose for 15-30 seconds and watch your breath.
As you exhale, return to starting position with arms and legs extended.
Repeat the exercise five times with 15-second breaks.
The pose of the boat
You will get a wonderful bearing and be sure it helps to remove fat from the waist. Besides, it has a beneficial effect on appetite and strengthens the muscles of the legs.
- Lie on your back, stretch your legs, put your hands next to the body, palms up;
- Breathe slowly and raise your legs, try to keep them straight and do not bend your knees;
- Pull-on your socks and try to raise your legs as high as possible;
- Straight your arms and try to reach your toes with them; keep your body at an angle of 45 degrees.
- Breathe slow, hold the position for 15 seconds.
Repeat the exercise five times with intervals of 15 seconds.
Plank is one of the easiest poses in yoga, but at the same time very effective for burning fat. Maybe, you know it, because trainers use it very often for power loads. It tones and strengthens the shoulders, arms, back, and buttocks and reduces belly fat.
- Get on your knees; put your hands in front of you;
- Take your legs back and rise on your toes, as with push-ups; stand on your hands;
- Take a deep breath, stretch your neck and look straight ahead; the back should be straight, you will feel a slight tension in the abdomen;
- From head to heel, your body should be like a straight line.
Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds; If you feel the strength in yourself, try to do this as long as possible.
Repeat five times with short breaks.
“Wind release” pose
In addition to the fact that this asana reduces lower back pain and strengthens the abdomen and hips, it has many more advantages. For example, the “Wind release” pose improves bowel function, normalizes the level of acidity, improves metabolism.
- Lie on your back, stretch your legs, at the same time stretch your arms;
- Pull your legs, keep your heels together;
- As you exhale, bend your knees and slowly lift them to your chest;
- To keep the correct position, grab your knees with your hands;
- Breathe deeply and hold this pose for 1–1.5 minutes.
Repeat this exercise five times at intervals.
If you want to accelerate your metabolism, we recommend that you do this set of exercises in the morning. And to quickly achieve the result, repeat these poses three days a week, from three to five times a day.
At the very beginning of doing exercises, you will notice that your muscles are not as elastic as you expected (not the case for all). Looking at professionals who easily sit in the lotus position, we think that, in general, it is not so difficult. However, not everyone has such stretch opportunities. Some yoga followers will never succeed in practicing some poses. But this doesn’t mean that you don’t need to work hard, developing flexibility. Keep calm and love stretching.
Take the choice of coach seriously. It doesn’t matter if you prefer individual or group activities. The trainer should be a professional and lead the whole process from start to finish. Find your soul mate who will give you enough attention.
Do you think about yoga after reading our article?