Many of us want to lose weight and we need to understand that it is necessary to abandon unhealthy diets and seriously think about the issue of healthy and proper weight loss. Diet for weight loss – what is it and how to achieve excellent results without loading your body?
What is the difference between proper nutrition and diet?
Most people do not see the difference between proper nutrition and diet. It comes from the situation when people simply do not get the result they dreamed about.
What is the main difference between proper nutrition and diet, and is it possible to use proper nutrition for weight loss?
1. What is the difference between proper nutrition and diet? This is all about your goal! The main goal of any diet is to lose weight. The diet itself also implies a reduction in its diet, the exclusion of some products, restrictions on food and drink, in order to lose weight. Depending on the diet, several restrictions are also changed: some diets completely exclude carbohydrates, others strictly restrict calories and are based on almost only proteins. Some mono-diets help to lose weight quickly in an extremely short time. Whatever the diet, the main goal of such a diet will be a quick weight loss. The main goal of proper nutrition is to maintain a healthy body. Your goal is not to lose weight, but to establish your diet, eat healthy and wholesome food, and bring your health and state back to normal.
2. Another huge difference is that following a proper diet, there are no strict restrictions and cardinal changes. Your diet is balanced and varied, and you can plan your menu. The diet includes cereals, meat, fresh vegetables and fruits, dairy products. If you want to eat dessert, you can safely add it to your diet, the same applies to other sweets, which you can occasionally spoil yourself with proper nutrition. Most diets are presented with a ready-made diet or menu, which must be strictly observed to achieve the desired result.
3. An important difference between proper nutrition and diet is the state of our health. How often did you notice a deterioration in the physical condition during the diet? Decreased immunity, weakness, depression, hair loss and brittle nails, pale complexion – all these are the results of harmful diets. Strict dietary restrictions and the exclusion of many products from the menu inevitably leads to a shortage of nutrients, the necessary vitamins, and minerals, and this cannot but affect our health.
4. Time frames – another significant difference is proper nutrition from diets. Good nutrition is a lifestyle, the formation of new healthy habits, lifestyle changes. There are no short-term stages and frameworks, you are not limited in time. Diet – this is what you can practice all your life. At the same time, the diet always has a strict time frame. On average, diets are calculated from one week to several months, and it is strictly forbidden to abuse them.
The rules of proper nutrition for weight loss
The basic principles of proper nutrition for weight loss have much in common with the rules, but some subtleties must be taken into account if you want to lose weight.
• Calculate calories. A proper diet for weight loss involves limiting calories. Following proper nutrition, we can safely eat our daily calorie intake and maintain a constant weight. But during a diet period, it involves creating a calorie deficit for weight loss. The daily calorie intake for women is approximately 2,000 calories per day. It is enough to reduce your diet by 10% -20% in order to get the results.
• We take into account all the calories! The proper diet for weight loss is based on counting all calories. Many people make a mistake by counting only the main meals, losing sight of snacks, tea, coffee, and juices. Remember – calories are found in all dishes, so you need to consider everything that you ate and drank!
• Replace fast carbohydrates with slow ones. Fast carbohydrates include white bread, rolls, pastries, cakes, and various pasta varieties. Fortunately, you will not experience a lack of carbohydrates, because there are many useful substitutes. Slow carbohydrates are found in cereals, legumes, hard vegetables and fruits.
• Have the right snack. Most people do not think that they get a huge part of the calories from harmful snacks, and not from basic meals. The principle of proper nutrition for weight loss is healthy snacks! No chips, crackers, cookies with tea, coffee rolls. Only healthy and quality food that can satisfy hunger. As a snack, it is good to use fruits, nuts, cottage cheese, natural yogurt.
Sample diet for weight loss
Many of us worry about the question – what can you eat to lose weight? Fortunately, you will not have any problems with the diet, because it is quite rich in different food.
Proper diet for weight loss:
• Low-fat meats: veal, beef, chicken, turkey, rabbit;
• Legumes: all kinds of beans, peas, chickpeas, lentils, soy;
• Dairy products: cottage cheese, natural yogurt, kefir, cheeses. The main thing is to avoid fat-free dairy products, as they contain harmful trans fats;
• Cereals: all types of cereals, especially buckwheat, quinoa, brown rice, oatmeal, or even oats;
•Whole wheat bread. Choose whole-grain bread, it contains slow carbohydrates;
• Fresh vegetables and greens: try to eat vegetables and greens fresh, not cooked;
If you follow a diet for weight loss, it is recommended to avoid the following products:
• Fast food, convenience foods, canned goods;
• Chocolate bars, crackers, chips, and junk food;
• Sweet carbonated drinks and packaged juices;
• Ready breakfast cereals;
• Shop sauces and seasonings;
• White bread and muffin;
• Cakes, cakes and other sweets.
Sample menu for losing weight for three days
The first day
Breakfast: granola with milk, one fruit.
Lunch: baked tuna, a salad of fresh herbs and vegetables, seasoned with natural yogurt, a piece of whole-grain bread.
Dinner: bean salad, a slice of whole-grain bread, a little natural yogurt with berries as a dessert.
Breakfast: cottage cheese, whole grain bread toast, some honey, and banana.
Lunch: salmon with spinach and corn, a salad of green leaves, a slice of whole-grain bread.
Dinner: Baked chicken, chickpea salad, natural fruit yogurt.
Breakfast: oatmeal with milk, one fruit.
Lunch: Baked vegetables, boiled veal.
Dinner: Salmon with boiled chickpeas, vegetable salad seasoned with natural yogurt.
Share with us the secrets of good nutrition in the comments.