Ben Affleck’s diet was designed to help the actor gain lean muscle mass and lower body fat over time. In order to get into the form of a superhero, Ben Affleck turned to a nutritionist Rehan Jalati. Working with many stars, a nutritionist knows how to achieve the coveted 6 abs cubs without grueling hunger strikes. Jalati said the diet for Batman’s role was similar to Ben Affleck’s diet for the 2009 City of Thieves movie.
For the role of Batman, Ben Affleck wanted to look like a fit, but a muscular superhero. In order to oppose Superman, he must be big, at least like Henry Cavill. Only then, would it be a plausible confrontation with Superman? Ben Affleck also had to be sure that the diet was clean enough to keep a low percentage of subcutaneous fat.
“The goal was to make him look fit and muscular on the screen. His diet included 6-7 full meals per day. ”
Getting protein/fat/carbohydrate at the right time helped Ben Affleck get the body he wanted about. He also adhered to 6 rules that his nutritionist developed.
Ben Affleck batman diet
“Breakfast consisted of egg whites and oatmeal. In the morning, Ben Affleck received protein from egg whites. They also help produce the hormone, which is a natural fat burner. When you eat egg whites, along with slow-burning of carbohydrates, your body uses fats as energy. Ben Affleck ate classic oatmeal in the morning. ”
Lunch – “Salad, a double serving of protein and vegetables for lunch”
Dinner – “Fish or chicken for lunch. With brussels sprouts or broccoli. Getting Essential Fat. ”
Ben Affleck’s diet has focused on the right nutritional ratio. On the advice of his nutritionist, Ben kept the following nutritional proportions:
- 45% carbohydrates
- 35% protein
- 20% essential fats
Carbohydrates in the diet were mostly slow, in the morning oatmeal. The rest of the day was focused on getting carbohydrates from vegetables. Also, the actor ate brown rice, potatoes, pasta from durum wheat. The portions were small. Ben Affleck received 1250 calories from carbohydrates per day.
Getting protein is a prerequisite for life and training. If you eat a lot of protein and fat, then you will not be able to build quality muscle mass. Instead, Jalati says you should consume lean proteins. Such as fillet, egg whites (with a small amount of yolk), chicken and turkey breasts, salmon. Affleck received about 1,000 calories from protein.
20% essential fats
Essential fats make up only part of all fats. Proper fats help the body synthesize testosterone. Affleck received these fats from linseed and almond oil, peanut butter, and nuts (walnuts, almonds). As a rule, he ate fats in the afternoon or in the evening. Affleck received about 550 calories from fat.
For a body like Ben Affleck, you need about 30 calories per kilogram of body weight per day.
Note: these calculations do not take into account the amount of fat in the body. When calculating calories, subtract body fat. Approximately 95 kg of lean muscle mass, Ben Affleck ate 2500-3000 calories per day.
One of Ben Affleck’s trainers, says about the diet:
“Rehan thought out an excellent diet and Ben followed it without deviations.”
Ben Affleck Nutrition Rules
Ben Affleck was gaining muscle mass, while losing subcutaneous fat, becoming more prominent. Here are the rules that Ben Affleck’s nutritional principles were based on:
- Cut back on dairy. Milk for children, remember this. Milk holds water in the body. You will not see progress while there is a lot of water in your body. Get used to almond milk if it is difficult to immediately abandon the usual.
- Sodium levels should be low. Do not exclude it completely from the diet. Sodium intake should be 1,500-200 mg of sodium per day. More sodium traps water.
- Do cardio in the morning. Why? Because in the morning you burn 3 times more fat than if you would do cardio workouts in the evening. If it’s not possible to do cardio workouts, then do high-intensity HIIT workouts. The goal is to work out your abs muscles better.
- Focus your diet on getting high-quality protein. Eat protein from the very morning. For example, egg whites, protein bars, chicken breasts. So you will quickly feel full.
- No carbohydrates at night. They will turn into fat.
- Use fat burners. So you will see your 6 press cubes faster.
In conclusion, Ben Affleck’s diet for the role of Batman, we can say:
- Take protein and carbohydrates before every workout.
- Focus on 45% carbohydrates, 35% protein, and 20% fat in your diet.
- Eat egg whites and slow-burning carbohydrates in the morning. Ben Affleck trained in the morning, so he needed to prevent fat intake before training.
- Avoid foods that hold water in your body, such as milk and sodium.
- Avoid carbohydrates, but eat protein and fat in the evening.