Weight control is stereotyped as a task for women, but men are faced with the problem of extra pounds too. Young guys and men think about health, according to the accepted canons of body beauty, and come to the decision to lose weight. Classical diets and weight loss techniques are not suitable for them – women and men differ in the composition of hormones, the ratio of fat and muscle in the body, especially the expenditure of energy and the accumulation of fat. We will find out how a man can lose weight quickly and what should and should not be done in the process of self-improvement.
Mistakes of men when losing weight
A long-time lack of results in the fight against overweight in men in most cases is explained by the wrong approach: they try to lose weight by sitting on women’s diets, sharply limit the daily calorie content, and the training process is incorrectly built.
Features of weight gain in men
So, for example, men need to consume two women’ s portion of protein. Women are characterized by this type of obesity, in which fat is deposited in the buttocks and thighs, while men are more likely to suffer from abdominal obesity, when fat deposits are deposited on the abdomen. Doctors call this an android type (“android” translated from Latin as “apple”). For example, some men do not look obese at all, but a belly indicates excess weight.
The basic rules of losing weight
To normalize weight, you need time and to make an effort. It is important here not only to get rid of extra pounds, but not to recover again after some time. Experts recommend a number of steps:
- Consult a doctor for tests that will help establish the cause of the overweight man, type of obesity and a further scenario of weight loss process;
- Reduce the amount of fatty foods in your diet, minimize the use of high-speed carbohydrates;
- Increase the duration of hiking. Doctors do not recommend men over 55 to get involved in aerobic and power loads and resort to them only after consulting a doctor and in the absence of contraindications;
- Limit salt intake and drink more water;
- Exercise in the morning to help the body cope with drowsiness and improve metabolism;
- Start your a food diary, which will record all the foods consumed per day. According to the records, it will be possible to track the quantity and quality of food eaten in dynamics;
- Remember that stressful situations also contribute to the accumulation of excess weight.
Make a quick weight loss program
Next, we dwell on key points that will help answer the question of how to lose weight a man quickly. The approach to solving this problem should be comprehensive:
• Dietary adjustment: every day there should be fresh vegetables and fruits on the table, the amount of high-calorie foods should be reduced, and harmful snacks should be discarded;
• Increased physical activity: overweight people have lack of androgens. Moderate physical activity can increase testosterone levels in men. The main thing is to make these loads daily;
• You need to strive for a variety of training activity, that is, the alternation of cardio training and strength training. The body must be in a certain training stress, that is, not accustomed to the same loads. It will be useful to alternate between different areas of fitness and at the same time you should enjoy the process.
Lose weight in a gym and at home
You should start training in the gym gradually, each time increasing the duration and strength of the loads. It is best to start workout with daily morning runs, walking, cycling or training in the gym in normal mode, gradually increasing the load.
1. The first time, the duration of the training should not exceed 40 minutes;
2. Absolutely all muscle groups should be trained in the gym. The loads should be distributed evenly on the muscles of the arms, legs, back and abdomen;
3. The gym must have a cardio simulator, as in the process of training it starts the metabolism mechanisms that allow a person to start losing weight. The best results in the fight against excess weight can be achieved on a cardio simulator;
4. Liquid intake immediately after training is not prohibited. It is possible to fill up the lack of water lost during exercise and during training; one hour after their completion, you can eat boiled protein (chicken breast or fish) with a side dish (buckwheat, rice or vegetables). Then it is recommended to eat a serving of cottage cheese or drink a glass of milk.
A set of exercises for weight loss in the abdomen
• Exercises on cardiovascular equipment help men lose weight faster in the abdomen. Even simple walking on the simulator helps to tighten the abdominal muscles, gradually starting the metabolic processes in the body. That is why experts recommend half of the training to devote to exercises using such simulators;
• Do not forget to load the abs, but this should not be done every day. To train these muscle groups is enough, pumping the press once every two days. At the same time, the oblique, lower and upper muscles, as well as the muscles of the back should regularly receive loads;
• It is recommended to start a workout with push-ups. Then you can add the load using the traction of the upper block. Then proceed to flexion and extension of the arms and legs. The next step is push-ups on the simulator sitting and twisting. Each exercise should be done 10-12 times;
• Next, proceed to the loads on the abs area on special simulators;
• When doing regular exercises on the back, the body will align, and the muscles will gain relief. If you follow all the above recommendations, the weight will gradually return to normal. However, if this does not happen, you should take tests that show whether it is necessary to increase the level of testosterone in men.